New Year New Yard: Sacramento Landscapers Best Design Tips
How to Keep Your Landscape Fresh and Fun in 2018
Looking for some affordable commercial landscaping Sacramento CA tips to keep your outdoor space looking great? Sacramento CA homeowners and property managers have turned to Aronson Landscape Inc. for expert advice and service for years. For residential landscaping, Sacramento CA homeowners trust our teams of designers and maintenance teams. It’s the landscaping Sacramento CA turns to again and again, year after year.
Here are the tips for residential landscaping Sacramento CA residents will enjoy this year:
- Small gardens. Space is at a premium and the larger a Sacramento CA garden is, the more maintenance it requires. Smaller gardens can serve multiple functions, acting as planters, collecting rainwater from downspouts, and providing for multiple species and containers.
- Sun and wind. Knowing the sun and wind patterns in your yard helps lead to better decisions about where to place gardens, hardscapes, and other features. For example, patios, where you plan to have outside dinners, should not be placed directly in unshaded western areas where the heat and glare could be uncomfortable. Choose locations to reflect the natural elements.
- Pavers. Pavers add structure and function to your yard, allowing guests to navigate the property and frame different areas of the landscape. Pavers are a good option for affordable commercial landscaping Sacramento CA businesses can use today.
- Focal point. Whether it’s commercial or residential landscaping Sacramento CA customers find it best to create a visual focal point for their design. This focal point might be a hardscape, a beautiful tree or plant or garden, or a structure. Start with the focal point and build your design out from it. For large spaces, there may be multiple focal points that tie together.
- Scale and pace. Just as it’s important to have a focal point, it’s also critical to keep scale in mind when planning. A small backyard should not be filled with groves of enormous trees. Similarly, a large expanse will need multiple gardens, trees, bushes, and hardscapes to create the right balance. You should also vary the size, color, shape, and height or your plantings to create interesting visuals for visitors and users.
- Habitats. Consider inviting birds and other wildlife to use your home or business landscape. Habitats are dwindling in many highly populated and trafficked areas and Sacramento is no exception. Consider adding berry- and seed-producing plants, limiting the use of insecticides, adding water features that will attract birds and other animals, and reducing or replacing some of your lawn.
- Something new. It’s a new year and that’s the ideal time to try something new with your landscaping. Our designers are committed to following your lead but are open to suggesting new approaches to your landscape. Just say the word!
For 10 years, Aronson Landscape has been serving residential and commercial customers throughout the Sacramento area. We provide landscape planning and design, installation, and ongoing and annual maintenance services. Contact us today for a free estimate.